So the birthday card that I made for my dad (50's soda shop themed) inspired this "You're Soda Best"card (check this out on my last post). I was trying to think of what sort of catch phrase would work with the whole 50's theme soda shop thing, and that is what I came up with. Not sure that it turned out EXACTLY as I had envisioned, but I still think it's pretty cute. The checkerboard background was meant to look like the 50's black and white checked tile.
- Cricut "Sweet Treats" / "Storybook" for the lettering / "Sentimentals" for 'You're'
- twine from Scrappy Moms
- ribbon ($1.99 ribbon from Marshall's)
- a variety of inks for inking the edges
- 1"x1" black and white squares (I scored them using my Martha Stewart scoreboard, and then ripped them to give them a more weathered look)
- I hand cut the straw
- Peachy Keen - PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment
- Polka dots embossing
Hope you all enjoy! If you make my day and leave me a comment, I would love for you to paste the link to your blog so that I can peruse your blogs! Thanks for stopping by!