Hi Guys! Happy weekend! This past week I made several projects (cards, care packages, and treats) because of Valentine's Day, my husband's birthday, and my dad's birthday. Lots of fun!
1) Peachy Keen hosted a blog challenge to create a project using toilet paper rolls, and I couldn't think of anything extraordinary, but I did LOVE an idea from Cristina, a member of the Peachy Keen Design Team, so I copied it for Valentine's Day treats. They are not as pillowy as I would like them, so I'm going to have to remember to smash them down a little bit more next time. The top one was for Kyle and the one below went in a care package to Kelly.
Another idea I borrowed from this same week's challenge was from Emma over at My Creative Time. This was by far my favorite project of the challenge. I used Sees candy pops just like Emma, but I also stuck these same cute faces on some V-day peppermint patties, which turned out very cute also. They were little gifts for my student aides at school.
2) Birthday Cards for 2 Wonderful Men!
This birthday card was for Kyle
The below birthday card was for my dad and was made using:
- my cricut Sweet Treat cartridge
- peachy keen faces
- the checkers are made from 1x1 inch squares that I measured, scored, and ripped with my Martha Stewart scoreboard - I was going for a 50's soda fountain look.
- twine on the little ice cream scoop faces
- the top ribbon is from $2 ribbon packs that I found at Marshall's
- faux stitching
More scrapping soon! xo