There has recently been a flurry of engagements and soon-to-be weddings, so I've had a lot of fun making some engagement and shower cards / gifts. It's really made me want to get on top of my own wedding scrapbook, which has kind of fallen in line after pages for our engagement, my wedding showers, bachelorette party, and our honeymoon (not necessarily in that order!)
Since this post is wedding themed, I will go ahead and post pictures of a couple of projects:
1) A washcloth tower cake for Katie's wedding shower gift
I had wanted to try one of these for awhile now, and I wasn't quite sure how to construct it. After watching a couple of youtube videos that were mildly helpful, I just improvised, used what I had, and figured out how to make a bunch of towels look like a cake. Materials I used were:
- 13 washcloths (rolled and pinned with sewing pins)
- a roll of toilet paper to use as the base (I covered it with a linen napkin; napkins were the other part of Katie's gift)
- scotch tape (I didn't have any double sided tape to adhere the rolled washcloths loosely to the base)
- damask print ribbon (Costco)
- safety pins to fasten ribbon around layers
2) A wedding shower card for Katie :)
I made this with Cricut's "Simply Charmed," and some fun cuddlebug embossing folders on Kristin's newly acquired "Sizzix Big Shot." The face was stamped on from Peachy Keen Stamps. LOVE THESE FACES!
3) An engagement card for Heather and James :)
Hope you enjoy! More to share soon!