Hope you had a lovely weekend! I did! My birthday celebration continued into the weekend...Friday night, I had dinner with my husband after which he gifted me with the Silhouette Cameo, which I got to play around with today!!!!!!!!!!!! To end the weekend, we saw one of my old Disney choreographers in a one man song and dance show in downtown LA at the Federal. Such a wonderful way to end the weekend.
My project for you today is my very first Silhouette project. I had been wanting to make a sign like this for awhile now, but part of me was waiting until my husband and I bought our first house. Peachy Keen's challenge this week though inspired me to make it a bit earlier. I am not 100% sold on how it turned out, so maybe I will use this one as a solid draft for a new one when Kyle and I eventually DO find a house!
I will be submitting this project to: Peachy Keen Challenge 41 "3-D Wall Art"
I think what bothers me about this wall art is that the balance is slightly off; I guess Kyle and I will have to add some babies over on the right hand side to fix that.
General Materials used:
- Old Frame / cork board that I repurposed for this project
- Silhouette Cameo for all of the phrase, letter, and number cutouts (I learned about the "offset" shadow function immediately!)
- Peachy Keen SC-07 2012 for my doll faces
- a flouncy burlap flower on the top corner
More Specific Materials
- gelly roll pen for the whites of my doll's (AKA Katie and Kyle) eyes
- Cuttlebug embossing folder for her leopard print dress. :)
- baker's twine
- My Creative Time's "Coffee Break" stamp set (I heat embossed the A and the little flower below)
- more buttons