Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday, Iz!

Hi Everyone!

This week is a big birthday week! It's my 28th birthday on Thursday and my niece's 7th birthday on Sunday. She unfortunately lives in North Carolina, so I will celebrating her from a distance. I will have to get this Nesting Doll card in the mail tomorrow!

In honor of my birthday, I'm treating myself to a little something each day :). Tonight my treat was time to craft and Rock of Ages on Redbox, which is on right now in the background (LOVE the 80's music).

I'm submitting this card to Peachy Keen Stamps: "Just Cards - Word-up Challenge." Making this little doll was actually VERY EASY! It didn't take me as long as my cards normally do. Though this little nesting doll has an ADORABLE face, I do think the sentiment is front and center!

Materials used:
  • Cricut Cindy Loo for the Babushka cut
  • My gypsy to weld the Babushka cut
  • Peachy Keen "Princess Faces"
  • sizzix embossing die for her top layer
  • gell roll pen for her little freckles
  • Tsukneko inks for all of my cuts in coordinating colors
  • My Creative Time's scallop and circle dies and coordinating sentiment
  • button
  • scrap ribbon for her little hairbow
Here is a close-up of the sentiment.



Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week! 

<3, Katie A. 


5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and her face is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I really love the colors and papers you used on this card, and putting the sentiment on the flower was a great choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your nesting doll! She's adorable! I love the texture and the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!! WOW tell your niece happy birthday from all of us at Peachy Keen Stamps. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! And Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete