Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Birthday in Advance!

Hi Crafty Friends,

Hope this post finds you well! School in session means very limited time, but for the first time since I've started teaching 4 years ago, I am trying to achieve balance during the school year, which means I'm allowing myself time to do the things I love amidst the tons of essays to grade and lessons to plan.

I like to keep a couple of birthday cards in my greeting card stockpile so that I will be prepared for various birthdays when they arrive, and Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #30 - Birthday Celebration inspired me to make a new card to add to my inventory.

My sister has already lay claim to the card for her birthday, but I'm not so sure that I want her to have seen her birthday card before she actually receives it. :)

Ingredients:

  • Cricut Simply Charmed (fashioned on my Gypsy) If you do this, before you weld the 2 cakes together, don't forget to flip the image so that the 2 sides align when folded.
  • cuddlebug embossing folder for the candles
  • white gelly roll for faux stitching 
  • Peachy Keen Faces (PK 112 - Cherub Face Assortment)
  • Scrappy Moms Sentiments
  • Assorted yellow ribbon






Have a wonderful week, everyone!

<3, Katie

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love how you put this card together! What a fab idea using the ribbon as flames! Thanks for joining us at FCCB:-)

    ~Tammy S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, so fun and the using the ribbon as flames was a great touch! Thank you for joining us this week at FCCB!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete