Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Best Witches!

Hi Everyone!

Wow! It's been awhile; even though I was on summer vacation for awhile, I was very busy finishing my Master's thesis in English, and so even though I did make a bunch of greeting cards for people along the way, I didn't find time to blog about them. I wanted to get at least one blog in before I go back to teaching my high schoolers tomorrow! :)

This project is definitely blog worthy, and I will be submitting it to both Peachy Keen Stamps Blog Challenge 33 and Kraft Girls Challenge: Anything Goes. I got this cute little greeting idea from Emma over at My Creative Time who just came out with a new Halloween sentiment stamp "Best Witches." I ran with it and came up with this adorable (AND CHEAP!) way to adorn a table or mantle.

Recipe for the Brew:

  • Peachy Keen Happy Lashes for my cute, little witch's face on top
  • Peachy Keen Princess Faces for my cute, little witch's face on the bottom
  • Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up - witch dolls
  • Cricut Storybook - Lettering 
  • Toilet paper rolls covered in paper and cut in half as the letter bases
  • Paper box wrapped in scrap fabric
  • Green ribbon from Costco
  • Twine around each little witch's hat
  • My own blush from my makeup for their little cheeks
  • Little mini silver canisters from a wedding favor pack that I found at Marshall's for the bases on the bottom















































Happy Early Halloween, everyone! FYI, I will be selecting a random winner to win this cute decorative greeting along with a Christmas themed one when I reach 50 followers!!!!! :)

<3, Katie A.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the PK faces and the twine looks great! Thanks so much for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute witches! Love your choice of papers for them and for the letters!

    Just started following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word play and ironic design (adorable witches!) are two of my favorite things. Love the blend of textures, too.

    ReplyDelete